Here shows some of the wolf fur after a coat of die. I used dia-na-flow brass and yellow. I diluted about 1-1 water and then just rubbed in my my fingers. You then need to iron the fabric to make the dye stick. Notice the dark green/blueish pieces here. I made these ages ago and will get back to them.
I decided this was too brown and started to add some green and yellow acrylic paint. This requires a bit more effort but uses a similar approach. Rub the paint into your hands and then work it into the fabric with your fingers. Just pretend your drying your hands well.
I then made a start to the roads. I first painted them brown and then added glue. I used a PVA glue called bartonline. Its listed as a PVA sealer so a bit different to the craft stuff. Its cheap and comes in a big tub. I then added a mixture of sand and grit to the glue and covered with newspaper, weighed down with books. It says 24 hours for this stuff to dry. Below are the pictures Ive taken today after removing the newspaper.
I'm fairly happy with the lighter greens though not so happy with the dark. They look ok in this picture but not above. Interestingly this comes down to the type of light. You see the dark greens look very blue in the above pictures because I used natural light. Below they use common lighting which has added yellow in it! This actually makes the matt look better IMO.